AMP Energy Bag now open!
Posted by web master2 on January 17, 2012 12:20 PM.
Okemo is excited to introduce the latest feature in our Parks & Pipe lineup!
Skiers and riders glide down and then up a ramp, launch off and land on an air inflated 30'x50' bag. These type of bags are used both as stunt bags in the movies, as well as training bags for freestyle athletes training to do flips and jumps. This feature will be located at the bottom of Lower Chief.
The AMP Energy Big Air will be open this weekend and will have hours of Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m..
Tickets will be $6 for a single jump, or $15 for 3 (same person). Tickets will be sold at the Northstar ticket booth as well as Resort Services at the Clocktower base area. Tickets will be valid on day of purchase only.
There are some rules to be aware of:
- All users must have proper equipment and some jumping experience.
- All users must have the ability to gain speed and go straight.
- All users must be able to commit to the jump - no stopping on the jump.
- Helmets are required.
- No ski poles are permitted.
- Racing skis are not permitted due to sharp edges and square tails. (Management has the ultimate discretion on equipment use and reserves the right to limit use of airbag for improper equipment.)
- A release of liability must be signed by the user or a parent/guardian before using the big air bag. (A valid P.S.P. pass will satisfy this requirement.)